Saturday, October 5, 2013

I'm Back



I’m Back! Being blessed or cursed (depending on your perspective) with a short attention span I have a habit of starting things, getting excited and energized, losing interest, forgetting about them, finding them again, and getting excited and energized again.  I know this drives people crazy. And I am among the people driven crazy by it. But, there isn’t a great deal I can do about it. So, I live with it.

My blogs are not the only victims of this behavior. I have several unfinished books, both fiction and nonfiction on my website. In fact, I have several promising but unfinished books free for download on my website. Every now and then I get an email from somebody who has stumbled onto one of the treasures encouraging me to finish it and get it published. I feel a pang of guilt whenever that happens. But, the guilt is not enough to motivate me to work on something that I don’t happen to be interested in at the moment.

Nonetheless, I will be picking up this blog again, explaining why play is the answer to everything, and coming up with as many other whacky ideas as I can in an attempt to hold your interest.

I also started a new blog in an area that I am currently interested in. It is PatternsandPredictions. Have a look if you feel so inclined. Quite unrelated to this effort I happened to notice the stats for this Ranting blog. There have been over 11,000 views. I was astounded. I realize that in the world of blogging this is chump change. But, in my world of expectations, I would have been happy with a few hundred views. So I am bowled over with 11,000. I am also energized again and plan to start contributing to this blog again on a fairly regular basis.
 

No comments: